Day.....What day is it? Prepping for the Chinese New Year


It has been awhile since I've posted.  Life has been full of twists and turns and my paper cranes took a back seat for awhile.  They've been waiting for me patiently as I walk by them daily both at work and at home.  I had to start carving out time for some other creativity and re-prioritize some things.  Last night I sat down and strung & beaded five paper crane ornaments for some cousins of mine who are expecting so baby got a crane as well.  I've been preparing for the Chinese New Year, which I love.  It wasn't always something my family recognized but I found it very special when we did. As I've grown older this lunar new year became more and more important for me to recognize.  Some years it has been sending out the yearly update letter about our goings on, some years it has been to go to Eugene's Asian Celebration, eating out with friends, getting dressed up, and some years it has just been for me to offer good tidings to others.  This year I am doing a mix of sending out goodies, sharing fortune cookies, paper cranes, Botan Rice Candies, Good Luck money envelopes....there isn't really any rhyme or reason to it but just staying open to what my heart tells me.  

Looking forward to getting back to my cranes, to sharing new and old wisdom and being thankful for all my ancestors for paving the way to this life I feel very fortunate to be living.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days Forty-Two to Forty-Four: 12/18/2020 to 12/20/2020 Through the Woods

Day Thirty-four: 12/9/2020 Started the work morning with a BANG

Day 4: 11/9/2020 Small deeds & paper crane folding in Cheshire.