Day Twenty-six: 12/1/2020 December brings new projects, pause for reflection, & reminders to reach out

Day 26:  My nine client day turned in to eight, which I was thankful for because I got the much needed break and a little more time to get myself focused and organized.  After a long weekend, I really wanted one of my daily naps by late morning.  I had brought my origami paper hoping somewhere I might fold a crane.  That didn't happen.  I got home later than I had planned and found the rest of my fish tank supplies here.  So much of my evening was spent cleaning the decorations that were to go in the tank and then slowly filling the tank up with two 32 oz cups at a time. 

Doesn't it look nice?  I really like the LED light and it has a blue tint and then regular lighting.  I'm so excited about getting my fish.  Also hoping the driftwood I have in there eventually sinks to the bottom but I guess fish can swim around it!  Did some more reading and they recommend one gallon per fish so I am only going to be able to fit five in here.  While I had planned on neon tetras I think I will get a coby catfish (my cousin recently got one and he said they are very playful) and a betta plus three neon tetras.  I googled local fish stores because the one I grew up going to, Little Ocean closed some years ago.  There is one in Springfield I might check out.  In any case it was already nine o'clock by the time I sat down and I sleepily folded 5 paper cranes for the 5 fish we'll be getting.  

Was just about to wrap this up when I realized my title suggests more substance.  My reflection has been about the grieving process as I continue to grieve the loss of our dog Ming.  It reminds me of losing my childhood dog Bella, and then the family members and dear friends of mine many who died around this time of year (Grandpa John, Jon, & Akin).  The last couple of weeks I've found out friends have lost their parents, spouses, grandmothers, and I am reminded to reach out.  We're all grieving.  And with COVID the is complicated by the need/want to be with others, to reach for hugs when we know that puts our health at risk.  I'm appreciating snail mail, because I love receiving mail I also love sending mail.   So the cards have come out, and today even the stationary because I had more to say than would fit on a card.  Social media is a mixed bag but I do appreciate it in these times, when I'm working solo and don't necessarily get the news like I used to working with dozens of colleagues.  so my friends, keep taking care of yourselves.  One of my journal entries continues to be a reminder to myself, to not be so hard on me.  So I say the same to you as well.  Be kind to yourself.(805/1000)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days Forty-Two to Forty-Four: 12/18/2020 to 12/20/2020 Through the Woods

Day Thirty-four: 12/9/2020 Started the work morning with a BANG

Day Nineteen: 11/24/2020 The benefit of unexpected time