Day Twenty-five: 11/30/2020 Ending November, recognizing endings and beginnings

 


Day 23:  This day was one of my college best friend's birthdays.  We became fast friends our first year in college and she is one of the most loyal, fierce, friends I have ever had.  She lives in Virginia with her spouse and two sons, my heart aches that I am not able to visit them now with COVID restrictions because I'm in a place financially and have the freedom with work to work remotely if need to.  Something to look forward to.  I've been wanting a kitten for awhile.  Our kitty Sensei ran away in September, I'm fairly certain she isn't living any longer.  I love young animals, not thinking we'll have four dogs again but a kitten - that would make my day.  In the mean time after checking in with my Aunt Gayle and hearing how my cousin Micah got a fish tank and is enjoying watching his play I decided it was time to get one myself.  Last night the tank arrived.  The rock should come tonight so I'll be able to get everything set up as it needs to prep for a week before I go buy some neon tetras.  As a little girl we always had fish.  The first fish I remember being mine I named teeter totter.  He was a black moore gold fish and he swam like a teeter totter!  I was probably 4 or 5.  I had neon tetras in first grade I believe.  It was a smaller aquarium we had on a dresser.  By middle school that was taken down and I helped care for two very large aquariums that had African Cichlids and then koi and goldfish in the other.  Because I didn't get home from work until a quarter to seven and was semi setting up the tank I didn't have much time to fold cranes.  I toyed for a moment, considering not folding any or just one and then I remembered I was 7 away from 800 folded.  So by the end of the night seven cranes were folded.  The photo above is of our youngest dog Lau, when he was a puppy.  His birthday is this coming Friday.  One of the sweetest, loving dogs I've ever had.   (800/1000)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days Forty-Two to Forty-Four: 12/18/2020 to 12/20/2020 Through the Woods

Day Thirty-four: 12/9/2020 Started the work morning with a BANG

Day Nineteen: 11/24/2020 The benefit of unexpected time