Day Thirty-five: 12/10/2020 Rolling with it on Hanukkah

Day 35:  My last client of the day reminded me it was Hanukkah.  The family I nannied for in Pittsburgh from 1997-2001 is Jewish and really the first family I knew really well who observed Jewish holidays.  I got to attend my first bat mitzvah for their daughter, it reminded me of a wedding except that the focus was on her and her family celebrating her, their culture, and each other.  It was very very sweet.  I was paid to attend because I was helping out but I definitely would have done this either way.  They were generous that way and help keep me from needing.  I love them like extended family and wish very much I lived closer to any of them!  

My morning started out going to the auto shop to sign some paperwork about the car I crashed the day before and did a walk around with the guy and explained what happened.  While my pride was still hurt, he talked about how things like this happen all of the time.  Realizing I am talking to a guy who sees all sorts of vehicles in all varieties of beat up conditions I stopped feeling so bad.  He told me there were 10 vehicles ahead of ours!  Luckily we have a second car, my husband works from home so this is no big deal to be down to one (although I had one grimace just imagining wrecking the second car...).  After a couple of errands I saw my acupuncturist.  This was a good thing because that morning I woke up I could feel a tightness from my wright hip down almost to my ankle from stomping on the breaks.  No pain, just tightness and we talked about the wrist pain (still icing it) and my regular allergies (year round) that we are now attacking weekly.  

My work day started at 10:50am and ended at 7:40pm.  By the time I got home I realized I had not folded one crane!  I had to fix this.  Tiredly I folded 10 and I was fast asleep just before 10pm.  (920/1000)


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days Forty-Two to Forty-Four: 12/18/2020 to 12/20/2020 Through the Woods

Day Thirty-four: 12/9/2020 Started the work morning with a BANG

Day Nineteen: 11/24/2020 The benefit of unexpected time