Day Thirty: 12/5/2020 Thirty days of folding paper cranes

5 gallon tank with live vegetation
Day 30: How about that? Thirty days since I started this project. Something I fell into in an evening of just looking up what I could do with the origami paper I had purchased. This has brought a lot of joy into my life. Has allowed for some present moment awareness that gets documented with the blog updated daily. The blog was also an in the moment idea I think on day three or four on a drive into work. It has been a way to focus when I am stressed, sad, grieving, grateful, determined, and more. On this day I had a list of errands I wanted to run, not really thinking they would be the better part of the day I still had fun and some unexpected surprises! I had a gift for one of my close friends (early Christmas) that I didn't want to mail because it has glass. Decided today would be a good day to see if I could drop it off at her house. She let me know she would be home and then offered to go on a walk with me. This was a blast because I hadn't been to her newly built home (okay so it has been built for more than a year now) and we got to walk and talk with her pup. We're both counselors, she's actually the reason I opened my private practice in 2013 as we both started working at the hospital the very same day. I really love her and don't see her near enough, ie it may have been a year? We stay in touch and maybe a little more with the pandemic trying to figure out teletherapy and referring and consulting with one another as needed. I didn't even know I would benefit from processing on this day but when I'm with her, unless we are playing games I generally do! In any case this was unexpected precious time and the highlight of my day. A client of mine had recommended a store called Aqua Serene for fish or plants as I'd told her about my new aquarium and fish family. I hadn't thought to buy live plants when I picked up the fish and the otocinclus is an algae eating cat fish. Etta has gotten some algae wafers and a cucumber slice but everything I was reading said she would do better with live plants and they will help produce the algae she needs. I had stopped by my sister's who lives near that store and so I stopped in. The guy was super helpful and showed me the plants that would do well in my tank. I'd asked if he had any of the otocinclus, unfortunately he told me they are going away from fish and didn't have any. He did let me know Etta would be okay to have one or two friends once the plants have been established for a week. Good timing because the guy at the Nautilus Tropical Fish store told me he would have more this upcoming Saturday. I had been worried 5 gallons would be too cramped but he said it was all about making sure I had enough vegetation. Also while I was waiting for his assistance I came across a shelf the items bettas like. Had no clue that bettas generally don't like tetra food, so I purchased Marlin his own food feeling bad and wondering if he had not been eating! Luckily as soon as I got home I fed him, he LOVED the new food but I also saw as he chowed down on the tetra food so I breathed easier. He seems really happy with the vegetation, hanging out it in. All in all, a really good day. It is still hard to believe I've now lived over a week without my boy Ming, I'm missing him. Not so many tears the last few days. My husband has been dreaming about him daily, so far I've not had any but I'll welcome them when it happens. By the end of the day I folded 18 paper cranes. I'd hoped to do more but my wrist, elbow, and shoulder on the right side are all aching/tense. May need to slow down a bit even though I am so close to the end!
The dogs and their toys taking over the bed this morning
(859/1000)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days Forty-Two to Forty-Four: 12/18/2020 to 12/20/2020 Through the Woods

Day Thirty-four: 12/9/2020 Started the work morning with a BANG

Day Nineteen: 11/24/2020 The benefit of unexpected time