Day Twenty: 11/25/2020 Saying goodbye

 


Day 20:  This day was tough and that is an understatement.  Our rescue dog Ming has been struggling and waking up in the middle of the night so our day started at 3:30am and we didn't get back to sleep.  I only worked until a little past one because we had scheduled to put him down at 2pm.  Felt honored to be with my guy until the end.  That part was easier than I anticipated.  The hard part was coming home.  Not doing our regular medication routine, not having him under foot, not hearing him growl protecting his bone or talk about how he wants another one with more peanut butter.  The silence is deafening.  I thought I would sleep good last night because I had been up so early, had cried, and was exhausted.  Didn't fall asleep until abou1 11:30pm.  Decided to fold 12 cranes, for the 12 great years he gave us.  Blessed to have been his mom.  (679/1000)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days Forty-Two to Forty-Four: 12/18/2020 to 12/20/2020 Through the Woods

Day Thirty-four: 12/9/2020 Started the work morning with a BANG

Day Nineteen: 11/24/2020 The benefit of unexpected time