Day Ten: 11/15/2020 Sunday findings

Day 10:  I spent part of my morning cleaning the bathroom and the sink has a drain with no cover (well it does now).  This means occasionally something falls down the drain, usually my vitamins for the day.  However a week ago the cover to my toothbrush took a dive.  So I get under the sink and unhook a couple of the pipes.  What do I find?  Well about 4 years-ish ago I lost a Fitbit watch.  What do you know, it is there with metal band along with the toothbrush cover and a hair elastic.  The sink is now draining with gusto!  Random story I know and has nothing to do with paper cranes.  What I'm appreciating about this 1000 paper crane making process is my attention to the present moment, the sharing of gratitude and the being open to be curious about the what this might mean as I continue to fold these cranes (I'm still curious what wish the gods will grant me).  One of my friends from high school asked what I would be doing with these cranes.  

(Link provided)  I won't be using that color design because my origami paper is completely different and I am not folding any white cranes.  Last night I called one of my crafty family friends; she's great for having odds and ends like the dowel that I need and a tool to put holes in it so I can string the cranes from it.  One of the things I need to figure out is how many cranes I want to string at a time.  I'm also considering adding beads between the cranes.  Another of my friends had been given a strand of cranes with no space between them making is harder to tell they are cranes.  

Have you picked out a crane that is your favorite in terms of paper design?  Here are my four favorites: 


Amazing to think I am just about halfway complete with 1000 cranes.  At the end of day 10 I completed 79 cranes.  If I keep this rate I will be done on day 21!  Originally I had thought maybe I'd be finished by the new year.  (489/1000)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days Forty-Two to Forty-Four: 12/18/2020 to 12/20/2020 Through the Woods

Day Thirty-four: 12/9/2020 Started the work morning with a BANG

Day Nineteen: 11/24/2020 The benefit of unexpected time