Day Seventeen: 11/22/2020 Beads galore! 1000 Paper crane project progression

Day 17:  The previous day I had made a blue bead request of my friends because my inventory was short.  I plan to string a series of beads at the top of a string, maybe 2-3 inches worth then will start stringing paper cranes with maybe three beads between each crane.  My friend Leslie found a great peace of wood, looks like a walking stick from my childhood Camp Myrtlewood.  She's going to be drilling 50 holes in that and I am going to hang it via a curtain rod holder.  Leslie had told me she had beads, I should not have doubted the amount whatsoever! She gave me a large stash to choose from that I sorted through last night.

I love organizing things, not everything mind you but certain things.  Beads are one of those things.  After going through them all I set aside a group of beads, which will certainly be more than I need.  Also have a couple friends who might add to these, it makes it more special adding touches of people who are dear to me. 
So I didn't have quite as much time to fold cranes as I had originally thought.  I spent some time with my mom re-teaching her to knit and once she got the swing of it I folded quite a few at her house.  Eager for my four day weekend as I'm sure I'll get some decent time folding.  So excited to start the beading.  My next decision will be to figure out what pattern to put the paper cranes in.  The origami paper I am using is double sided with one side being a pattern and the other side a solid color.  I probably have slightly more patterned paper cranes than solid colored ones.  By the end of the day 24 paper cranes were folded.  (633/1000)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days Forty-Two to Forty-Four: 12/18/2020 to 12/20/2020 Through the Woods

Day Thirty-four: 12/9/2020 Started the work morning with a BANG

Day Nineteen: 11/24/2020 The benefit of unexpected time