Day Seven: 11/12/2020 Guess how many minutes it takes me to fold 10 paper cranes?


Day 7: One week I've been doing this and it has gone by fast.  Worked really late this day so I sat bleary eyed at my desk, having only folded 4 in the morning I was determined to do 10 so that I at least beat my record low of 12.  I really should have got into bed so I made it fun and decided to time how long it took for me to fold 10 paper cranes.  If you guess right I'll send you one!  The first thing that stuck out to me was taking a walk in the brisk cold air, getting outside felt good and I really needed that second cup of coffee.  When I get to the convenience store they are out of the hazelnut coffee that I'd prefer and so I go for a dark blend which also ends up being out.  The cashier has just come over to start brewing the hazelnut and she offers to make whatever I want letting me know it won't take long at all.  I stand in line behind two people, pay for my items and notice she's pregnant.  She's letting me know that even though the coffee is still brewing there is enough for me to fill my cup.  I ask her when her due date is, January 6th.  This small interaction, meant a lot for some reason.  The second thing that really stood out for me is that a client I have been working with for probably a year now told me he hasn't felt this good in years.  I really just want to keep sitting with that, observing that, and hoping he can hold that preciously.  He has persevered despite racism, people lying to him, not always wanting to live and he's kept trying.  And today, he acknowledges he's happier than he's been in years.  Side note: the above picture is my favorite fold for the paper crane.  It reminds me of folding fortune tellers or notes that I would pass in class. (291/1000)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days Forty-Two to Forty-Four: 12/18/2020 to 12/20/2020 Through the Woods

Day Thirty-four: 12/9/2020 Started the work morning with a BANG

Day Nineteen: 11/24/2020 The benefit of unexpected time