Day Nineteen: 11/24/2020 The benefit of unexpected time

Day 19:  This day I was scheduled to have 8 clients, the max I will meet in a day.  This means little time to chart and making sure I keep sessions punctual.  The first client of the day forgot she had an appointment, not our regular day because of Thanksgiving so we did a partial session via phone.  My next client didn't wake up in time.  As he was checking in via text another client told me she would be unable to make her time due to babies not going down for a nap as expected.  I'm actually not that bothered because I have a days worth of charting from the previous day and some extra paperwork as a couple doctors offices had requested records.  The client who was texting me wrote something like the universe knew what I needed for the day.  After I got caught up, had lunch I actually was able to take a short nap before my afternoon sessions began.  By the end of the day I had one more cancellation due to car trouble so an 8 client day ended up being a 5 client day.  Five is actually optimal, allows time for charting, self-care, and leaves me feeling I have time for what is needed for the day.  My last client of the day and I were talking about hobbies/crafts that have been part of our self-care and I described my crane project.  This got her excited about crocheting and my hope is that this provided a little inspiration for her to pick this back up.  By the end of this day I completed 27 paper cranes.  (667/1000)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days Forty-Two to Forty-Four: 12/18/2020 to 12/20/2020 Through the Woods

Day Thirty-four: 12/9/2020 Started the work morning with a BANG