Day Nine: 11/14/2020 Paper Cranes for Jon

 

Day 9:  This day is my high school sweetheart's birthday.  I met Jon my senior year in weigh lifting class.  I developed a crush and on Valentines Day the school had some project where you could by a rose and have it delivered to someone.  My best friend and I made a plan, not too long after that we dated and this lasted through my first year in college.  I'd wanted to marry Jon, he was easy to get close to.  He was really silly and goofy and he made you feel like you mattered in  a huge way.  Many years later, when I found out he took his life it was like losing him all over again.  Boy I do miss him.  So today he'd be 42 and I decided 42 cranes needed to be folded, just for him.  And then I couldn't stop at 42 and by the end of the day 100 paper cranes were completed, my record high!  

(410/1000, almost half way there)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days Forty-Two to Forty-Four: 12/18/2020 to 12/20/2020 Through the Woods

Day Thirty-four: 12/9/2020 Started the work morning with a BANG

Day Nineteen: 11/24/2020 The benefit of unexpected time