Day 4: 11/9/2020 Small deeds & paper crane folding in Cheshire.


Day 4:  Yesterday I ran several errands that I quite enjoyed.  Recently I bought a 6 minute Diary and in this diary it asks each day, what good deed did you do?  I've appreciated this because it has subtly reminded me to watch out for others.  While this might seem odd since I am a counselor by profession, each day is about watching out for others.  But this somehow seems just as important; to remind myself in my every day to pay attention to those around me and perhaps do something just a little out of the ordinary.  On this day I went to St. Vincent de Paul to donate some items.  As I was getting ready to leave a young man approached me making a sound to catch my attention.  He held a cardboard sign that read, I am deaf, can you spare some change?  I immediately was grateful I had stuck some extra protein bars in my car which I added to the dollar bill I gave him.  He made another sound, which I knew was thank you.  After picking up lunch I drove out to Cheshire where my friend and former co-worker lives.  She has a beautiful home with a great outside patio.  They had recently purchased some propane tanks with attachments that provide heat because recently our days in Lane County Oregon are chilly.  I had decided to bring my origami paper with me to fold the paper cranes while I was there.  You see, Shawn and I can talk and four hours later I scoop up my cranes in a bag she gives me to head home.  She suggested maybe I find a basket to put the cranes in until I'm ready to string them.  I'll have to keep my eyes on the look out.  And I think I may have just the right friend who may have one to spare.  41 paper cranes folded.  (232/1000)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days Forty-Two to Forty-Four: 12/18/2020 to 12/20/2020 Through the Woods

Day Thirty-four: 12/9/2020 Started the work morning with a BANG

Day Nineteen: 11/24/2020 The benefit of unexpected time