Day 3: 11/8/2020 Completing training & gratitude.


Day 3:  My final day of training is happening on this day.  I'm excited because I have the next two days off since I worked the entire weekend.  Really enjoyed getting to know my fellow therapists and my group leader.  At the end of class we each got to share what we took away from this weekend as well as what we'd like to leave behind.  What hit home for me is that all of these folks dedicated time and money towards this new therapy approach (EMDR) that is well known for helping people heal from trauma.  Knowing we are just a small portions of the many who already know this approach and the fact that we all are in the world aiming to support those suffering from the deep pains of their lives really stuck out in my mind.  This was quite comforting to think about, in contrast to the chaos that is this year including the COVID-19 pandemic, riots over police brutality, fires spreading through too much of our land, and a presidential election that mattered deeply to millions (and that really is only counting those in the US and I know this election affects the world).  31 paper cranes folded on day three.  (191/1000)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days Forty-Two to Forty-Four: 12/18/2020 to 12/20/2020 Through the Woods

Day Thirty-four: 12/9/2020 Started the work morning with a BANG

Day Nineteen: 11/24/2020 The benefit of unexpected time